Cristiano Ronaldo becomes first player in the Football history to achieve unprecedented feat | Football News


Cristiano Ronaldo becomes first player in the Football history to achieve unprecedented feat
Cristiano Ronaldo (Agency Image)

Cristiano Ronaldo has added another remarkable milestone to his extraordinary career, becoming the first professional footballer to score in 25 consecutive league seasons. The 41-year-old Portuguese superstar achieved the feat on Friday, August 21, during Al-Nassr’s Saudi Pro League clash against Al-Riyadh.

Ronaldo extends historic scoring streak

Ronaldo began his senior scoring run during the 2002-03 season, when he found the net for Sporting CP as a teenager. More than two decades later, that streak remains unbroken. His latest goal came after he was introduced as a substitute in the 62nd minute. Ronaldo eventually found the net in the 83rd minute, converting a low cross from Ayman Yahya with a composed left-footed finish from inside the area.The goal saw Ronaldo surpass Swedish great Zlatan Ibrahimović, who had previously held the record with goals in 24 consecutive league seasons.

977 career goals and counting

The landmark strike took Ronaldo’s official senior career tally to 977 goals for club and country. His goals have come across five clubs and the Portugal national team:

Team/Club Goals
Real Madrid 450
Portugal 146
Manchester United 145
Al-Nassr 130
Juventus 101
Sporting CP 5
Total 977

Ronaldo’s latest effort also helped Al-Nassr secure a 4-0 away victory over Al-Riyadh, giving the defending Saudi Pro League champions a perfect start to their 2026-27 campaign.

Ronaldo’s race to 1,000 goals

The historic achievement comes as Ronaldo continues his pursuit of the extraordinary 1,000-goal milestone. The Portuguese forward is now just 23 goals short of reaching four figures in official senior football.However, the next chapter of his career could also be his final one. Ronaldo recently indicated that the 2026-27 season could probably be his last in professional football, while his current Al-Nassr contract runs until June 2027.



Source link

  • Related Posts

    India vs Sri Lanka Live, 2nd Test: India target 2-0 series win as Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal look to bounce back

    India vs Sri Lanka Live, 2nd Test: The second and final Test between Sri Lanka and India moves from Galle to Colombo, where the Sinhalese Sports Club will provide a…

    Pujara backs Padikkal at No. 3, says Sai Sudharsan must remain in India’s Test plans | Cricket News

    India’s KL Rahul and Devdutt Padikkal When Cheteshwar Pujara watches India and Sri Lanka walk out at the Sinhalese Sports Club in Colombo on Sunday, one of his first memories…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    No work, no study, no training: 8.7 crore Indian youth caught in a career gap | India News

    No work, no study, no training: 8.7 crore Indian youth caught in a career gap | India News

    Cristiano Ronaldo becomes first player in the Football history to achieve unprecedented feat | Football News

    Cristiano Ronaldo becomes first player in the Football history to achieve unprecedented feat | Football News

    India vs Sri Lanka Live, 2nd Test: India target 2-0 series win as Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal look to bounce back

    India vs Sri Lanka Live, 2nd Test: India target 2-0 series win as Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal look to bounce back

    Pujara backs Padikkal at No. 3, says Sai Sudharsan must remain in India’s Test plans | Cricket News

    Pujara backs Padikkal at No. 3, says Sai Sudharsan must remain in India’s Test plans | Cricket News

    India seek 2-0 sweep: Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal look to bounce back; Kuldeep to miss out? | Cricket News

    India seek 2-0 sweep: Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal look to bounce back; Kuldeep to miss out? | Cricket News

    ‘Modi Chalisa’ controversy: Press Club of India pesident says event violated venue rules | India News

    ‘Modi Chalisa’ controversy: Press Club of India pesident says event violated venue rules | India News