Duleep Trophy final may shift from Bengaluru CoE, spectators likely to be allowed | Cricket News


Duleep Trophy final may shift from Bengaluru CoE, spectators likely to be allowed
Central zone’s capatin Rajat Patidar with teammates celebrate after his team won the Duleep Trophy 2025 final (PTI Photo)

Bengaluru: The Duleep Trophy final is expected to move from the BCCI Centre of Excellence (CoE), on the outskirts of the city here, to either the M Chinnaswamy Stadium or MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai, with spectators likely to be allowed.The inter-zonal tournament begins on Aug 23 with six teams, and the quarterfinals and semifinals will be held at the CoE.The final, slated for Sep 6-10, was originally scheduled at the CoE, a venue where matches are played behind closed doors. However, the BCCI is reportedly exploring other options to allow spectators.When BCCI secretary Devajit Saikia was asked during his recent visit to CoE about the match being held behind closed doors, he said, “We will definitely look into the aspect of hosting the match with spectators; we still have time.”It is understood that the Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) were sounded out earlier this week and agreed to host the finale, but a deterrent could be that, following last year’s stampede outside the stadium, a court ruling binds the state association to extensive protocols if spectators exceed 5000.That may be why, on Tuesday, the cricket board also sounded out the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) as it continues to explore holding the final with spectators.



Source link

  • Related Posts

    Manav Suthar’s ten-wicket haul floors Sri Lanka as India conquer Galle challenge | Cricket News

    India’s Manav Suthar, right, celebrates. (AP Photo) TimesofIndia.com in Galle: Two wickets in a session and then three in a single over. An extremely contrasting period of play on either…

    Sri Lanka batter says ‘thank you’ to Yashasvi Jaiswal’s ‘IPL’ promise, then throws his wicket – Watch | Cricket News

    Prasidh Krishna, second right, with Yashasvi Jaiswal, 64, celebrates after taking a wicket of Sri Lanka’s Niroshan Dickwella. (left) and Yashasvi Jaiswal, Dickwealla A light exchange between Yashasvi Jaiswal and…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Rahul Gandhi: ‘Voice sample is not required’: Rahul Gandhi’s counsel opposes plea in Savarkar defamation case | India News

    Rahul Gandhi: ‘Voice sample is not required’: Rahul Gandhi’s counsel opposes plea in Savarkar defamation case | India News

    Bihar: Water cannon used as RJD leaders march to Raj Bhavan; Tejashwi Yadav detained | India News

    Bihar: Water cannon used as RJD leaders march to Raj Bhavan; Tejashwi Yadav detained | India News

    Manav Suthar’s ten-wicket haul floors Sri Lanka as India conquer Galle challenge | Cricket News

    Manav Suthar’s ten-wicket haul floors Sri Lanka as India conquer Galle challenge | Cricket News

    Sri Lanka batter says ‘thank you’ to Yashasvi Jaiswal’s ‘IPL’ promise, then throws his wicket – Watch | Cricket News

    Sri Lanka batter says ‘thank you’ to Yashasvi Jaiswal’s ‘IPL’ promise, then throws his wicket – Watch | Cricket News

    Vijay govt revokes order barring students from Left, CJP protests in Tamil Nadu | India News

    Vijay govt revokes order barring students from Left, CJP protests in Tamil Nadu | India News

    ‘Foolproof system in place, difficult to breach’: Centre lists NEET exam security measures before SC | India News

    ‘Foolproof system in place, difficult to breach’: Centre lists NEET exam security measures before SC | India News